Friday, August 30, 2013

Week ONE down...

Well, we survived the first week of school. We're all beat. This week kicked our butts. We seem to have gotten the bus kinks worked out. He has been booted from the Kindergarten seats and now sits a few rows back with the other first graders. Wyatt was so worn out by the end of each day. Getting information out of this kid is like pulling teeth and even then you have to question the accuracy. He seems to be settling in and doing well his teacher tells me, but I think it's going to take us a bit of time to figure out our new groove. He was so tired after the first day, he went to bed at 7:30 and fell right asleep. He asked what he had the next day and I told him school. He said "School? AGAIN!?? Ugh....." Yep, for about 180 more days, buddy.

In addition to the usual subjects, he has "specials" - Spanish (he told me his Spanish name is "Juan"?), Art, Music, Gym, Library and Computer lab. He eats lunch in the cafeteria and has recess outside. It's such a long day compared to what he's used to. The parents have the opportunity to stop in and eat lunch with their kids anytime. I'm looking forward to doing this once I get everyone else settled into their programs.

The kids and I stalked the school playground on Friday during Wyatt's recess period. He was with a  group of girls unsuccessfully trying to jump rope. I love being a fly on the wall because I'm nosy like that. I risked being arrested and lurked around awhile, taking pictures through the car window with my camera phone, until one of the kids recognized me and started wandering over. The playground monitor started giving me the stink eye so we sped off.  The best part was I got a text from my friend while I was there asking what color shirt Wyatt was wearing since she was spying on them too from the other parking lot. Good to know I'm not the only crazy out there!



 I had Hadley's open house and Meet the Teacher at her school. I was pleased to find out who her teacher is (although they're all good at her school). She was thrilled to find out that a few friends from last year are going to be in her class again. She is very excited to start next week!



1 comment:

Winona said...

enjoyed looking at all the pictures. I had gotten behind as I had computer problems. First I went to Windows8 and my Vista would not handle it so ended up getting a new tower, printer, quicken, router, modem and now I think I'm all set, forgot quicken too. All had to be replaced!!