Monday, August 26, 2013

He's a 1st grader!


Wyatt had his first day of school today and he was so ready. His lunch is packed, his backpack is full of school supplies and he's ready to hit it. He was so happy this morning and announced to everyone at the bus stop "I'm just so excited to start 1st grade!" Typically change in routine is hard for him and we've had some rough first days of school in the past. It was so great to take a smiling happy kid to the bus stop and watch him enthusiastically get on the bus. He and his friend Ella sat right in the front row, where they sat together last year. The front seats are reserved for Kindergartners but apparently no one told them. We were laughing about the squatters up front. I'm sure the bus driver will get it all sorted out over the next few days. He'll probably be beat by the end of the day. His teacher warned me 1st grade is rough. She said they come in and immediately start asking when lunch is. After lunch they start asking when they can go home. By 2pm, at least half of the class is crying. They're just so tired from being there all day. I can't wait to hear about his day. After he got on, I milled around talking to the other parents for a good 30 minutes. There are so many kids in our neighborhood, it was like a block party at the bus stop for only two streets!

 


No comments: