We're on the final day of Dayven's 6 day trip. Will we make it?? We only have a few more hours to go. He's been hanging out with his friends in Lake of the Ozarks for their annual long weekend of festivities - golfing, boating and bonding with the boys. They had some rain, which forced them inside to play cards one day, but they still managed to get out on the boat and get in a few days of golfing. They played in an outing and actually placed, but didn't win the big pot. All in all, a great boys' weekend.
Meanwhile, back at the ranch...
Single motherhood is for the birds. Messes have been made, fights have broken out, wine has been guzzled. It hasn't been easy, but we managed to squeeze in some good times too. We had an outing to our favorite indoor playground on a rainy day (actually it was a bribe/threat for everyone being good in TJ Maxx. yea!) We went out to lunch, had a playdate with some friends and visited the library to load up on new books and movies. I tried to take the kids to see a movie at the theatre, but every babysitter I know was booked and I didn't want to chance taking that little monkey Tate there. We went to Mingo Creek, our favorite park, with some friends. I didn't have my camera so please excuse the terrible phone pics. We played on the playground and tried our luck in the creek. It was icy cold, but only about 1 foot deep in the deepest spots. We spotted a few crayfish, but they were too fast for us. Tate even got to go in the creek this time and he loved it. He laughed like crazy when he lost his balance and plopped down on his bottom. A butterfly even landed on Tate's shoulder and stayed there for several minutes while he happily played, totally oblivious. Maybe it's good luck! We played Go Fish, Zingo and did some puzzles and watched a few movies. I'm actually glad it's Monday morning so we can get back to our routine with camp, swimming lessons and speech therapy filling up our day.


![]() |
![]() |
![]() |
| Splash! In he goes... |




















1 comment:
What a fun summer your family has had. I sure enjoyed all the photos.Sounds like Pittsburg is a pretty nice place to live, you've found out about a lot of places real quickly it seems. I'm going tonight to get me a new tower and have them transfer my info from the old to the new so I should be back in business soon. They said a wk.My 5 yr. old computer would not adjust to Windows 8 so I gave up.
Post a Comment