Friday, August 14, 2009

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to!

You'll celebrate and you'll like it, kid!

We decided to have a little early birthday party while Nana and Poppy are here. Even though his birthday is still a couple of weeks away, we thought it would be fun to celebrate together. He noticed the balloons right away, but when I told him we'd be celebrating his birthday, he started yelling "NO!" Imagine that. He's a little reluctant to go along with anything that wasn't originally his idea. He really hates hats (who knows why) so I expected some resistance on wearing the traditional party hat. He hated it last year too and I ended up wearing it. He cried while we sang Happy Birthday to him. He didn't want any cake. Again, no surprise. He'd rather have broccoli than sweets. The only thing he enjoyed was the presents. He excitedly opened the packages and was thrilled with the new Cars to add to his Lightening McQueen collection.

Wyatt's preferred birthday treat...
One party goer was happy...

5 comments:

Winona said...

Oh, those terrible two's will soon be gone. I can't believe he doesn't like birthdays. Some day he'll get a big laugh at that video.

Mizerany Family said...

Too cute! He'll LOVE Nemo...that is one of Bennett's favorite videos, but she calls it "Elmo" instead?

Anonymous said...

Soo funny! Love the adorable birthday hat!!

Anonymous said...

So cute! But, one question... was that a soccer net in your house??

Ernie

Lynda Z said...

Hi,
That was so adorable and reminded my of my sons b day at that age.
He was trying to hide.
I want to congratulate you all for having a beautiful baby girl.
I didn't even know there was one coming.
I must check your blog more often.
Much happiness to you all.
Love Lynda Zaharias
I am so sorry Karen couldn't see her little granddaughter.