Three years!? It's hard to believe that three years ago today, we were just meeting you for the first time. It's true what they say. Time sure flies once you're looking back at something. I have loved watching your little personality develop. You are so silly. You make us laugh everyday.There are so many things I love about you, my sweet, smart, funny little boy.
I love that you exclaim proudly "Yeah! Dere he is! Santa Cwause!" any time you see an elderly man with a long-ish white beard, like you are so proud to have discovered that Old Saint Nick is just like the rest of us, buying deli meat at Safeway.
You constantly refer to "McDonald's" as "Old McDonald's", like somehow they two are affiliated. "Yum....Old McDonald's fren fries, pwease!" then you break into a couple rounds of Old MacDonald, just to drive the point home. I hate to break it to you buddy, but I'm pretty sure anything served at McDonald's
started its life in a factory/processing plant and not on a farm.Aside from the fact that I want to be able to hear you when we're in the basement watching movies, the real reason we still use a monitor is I love to hear the pretend conversations between Thomas, Percy, Lightening McQueen and any other toys that have found their way into bed with you. And I love to hear you singing yourself to sleep, whether it's a real song or something you made up.
Every sentence you utter either begins or ends with "mommy". I'm sure it's because we spend pretty much every waking minute together. I usually am the one that you're talking to. I love the little sing song inflection in your voice and I try hard to ingrain it in my memory. When you're all grown up, I want to remember how you sounded when you told me something important.
Every day I am grateful for the privilege of being your mommy. I have loved every bit of these last three years and watching you grow and change. I can't wait to see what the future brings.
I hope you have a wonderful birthday, my sweet little boy.
I love you forever!

5 comments:
Happy 3rd Birthday Wyatt!! Hope you all had a wonderful day celebrating your adorable son! Love, Betsy
Happy Birthday Wyatt! I hope you had a terrific day!
Happy Birthday Wyatt!! I think you enjoyed the real day better than the early birthday when grandma-pa were there with you!Next year little Hadley will enjoy celebrating with you. Tell mommy we need a to see a new picture of little sister too.
Happy Birthday Wyatt...Aniela said she can't wait to come over and have cake with you! Or rather she will eat the cake and you can have her broccoli ;-)
Happy day, Wy!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment