I'm so glad my parents are here to give Wyatt some extra attention so he doesn't feel completely left out. I've already had some guilt about this. Several times he has tried to tell me something or request something and I've been nursing Hadley. I spend so much time feeding her, I'm wondering if I should just permanently attach the Boppy pillow to myself. I feel like I've grown a 5th appendage! When I didn't respond to him right away, he slowly walked off and quietly said to himself "mommy too busy..." This broke my heart just a little bit. Twice now Wyatt has brought me some books and tried to climb up in my lap while I was nursing Hadley and I felt just terrible saying "Not right now, buddy. Go ask Nana to read it". The look on his face was heart wrenching as he replied "No, mommy. YOU wead it!". So I tried to hold Hadley in the right position to nurse, while also turning the pages of the book, keeping Wyatt from squashing her, and affecting a good amount of enthusiasm for the Thomas story we've probably read no less than 57 times. No easy task, but anything to help ease my guilt.This afternoon we all went to the park together, our first family "outing". It also gave us a chance to take our new double stroller for a test drive. The weather has been beautiful the past couple of days and it felt good to get out of the house (other than just sit outside on the deck).





3 comments:
She is just beautiful Chels...perhaps you'll get your own "minnie me." I know the guilt you referenced with Wyatt, and though it doesn't go away, he'll start to understand. Before long he'll be your little helper with Hadley!
Hadley is such a beautiful child. She looks so much older than she is. As soon as Wyatt can bring you things to help out he'll feel better and much needed. It will just take time.
That is the cutest picture of daddy and his baby girl! Can you tell what color her eyes are going to be yet...they look like they could be blue? What a little doll...she looks so grown up already!
Post a Comment