Sunday, August 31, 2008

You say it's your birthday!

Wyatt turned the big 2 today. We had a very low key celebration at home. We didn't even do a cake, since Wyatt doesn't like sweets. He even refused to wear the traditional birthday hat! Every party has a pooper... It feels like we've been celebrating for three weeks now - first in Peoria, then Denver and now here. I'm not even convinced Wyatt understands what all the fuss is about anyway, except that he's been getting a heck of a lot of new toys lately. He loves trains, especially Thomas, so we've been slowly getting him trains from the wooden railway collection. For his birthday, we bought him a train table with a bunch of tracks, bridges and tunnels. Guaranteed for hours of fun this winter when we're snowed in!

2 comments:

Joe & Veronica said...

Happy Birthday Mr. Wyatt. Although I have yet to meet you in person, I sure have seen you grow through your mommy's stories and pictures. What a big little man you are becoming. Lookin' just like your daddy too!

Winona Musgrove said...

I think Mommie looks reallly cute in a 2 yr. old birthday hat!!When my grand kids were small I had tracks and push train for them also. I gathered them up at the thrift store and we had enough track to wind around the whole house. What fun. Brings back memories. See you soon.