Sunday, August 16, 2009

All good things must come to an end...

We really enjoyed our visit with Nana and Poppy, but they had to head back home. With hurricane season in full swing, they were ready to get back to the island and see what was happening. We dropped them at the airport yesterday. Wyatt was upset when he found out he wasn't going to Cedar Key with them. I have no idea where he got this idea, but I reassured him we'll be going in a few months, when I'm dying for some relief from our winter. I'm sure they were ready for a break after all the busy work they've been doing to keep this place running. It's like I've had a live-in nanny, housekeeper, cook, gardener and personal shopper (I just wrote what I wanted on the list and the fridge magically filled itself every few days). Ahh....now that's the life!

Last Wednesday, I realized it had been over a week since I'd left the house, except for a couple of brief walks. Seriously. Before I became like Howard Hughes, I decided it was time to get out and become a member of society again. Where did we go? Where everyone is dying to go for their first big outing...Chuck E Cheese! I'm happy to report, this time it was bully-free. Wyatt has been talking about taking Hadley for a while. It was the only thing that even remotely excited him about having a baby sister. I'm not sure whether or not she enjoyed it since she never opened her eyes the entire time we were there, but Wyatt didn't let that stop him from having fun. We barely even used any tokens. He has just as much fun pretending. The kid has a great imagination!


Dayven took Friday off so we could all spend the day together. It was too rainy for the zoo, so we headed out to check out the World of Science museum. We've been meaning to go for a while, but just never seemed to get around to it. It was the perfect rainy day activity. Wyatt had a ball running from room to room to check things out and we were really impressed with the museum. They had so many great things for kids, all with brightly colored, interactive learning displays. There was an exhibit about outer space, a display about the environment, an interactive mystery crime scene with a police car and motorcycles and one about the human body, including a musical instrument that plays music made up entirely of fart noises. Wyatt loved it! We topped off our day with lunch at Red Robin. Wyatt can really put a hurting on their bottomless french fries. For a little guy, he sure consumes his fair share of calories!

We miss Nana and Poppy already, but a fun backyard barbeque with friends on Saturday night offered a nice distraction. I enjoyed catching up with everyone and Wyatt had a ball with all the kids. They were all in the inflatable bouncy house together jumping around and squealing and laughing hysterically. We finally had to drag him out of there at 8pm so we could get home and put him to bed. He was so worn out from all the excitement, he passed out instantly. I can't say the same for his sister. She slept like a log through the entire party so she was wide awake once we got home and we knew we were in for a long night.

Dayven is taking this week off so he can spend some time with us. He was working while my parents were here, figuring I would appreciate his help more after they were gone. We're expecting nice weather so we'll be out enjoying what's left of our summer. Fall will be here before we know it!

1 comment:

Marta said...

Always a sad day when the grandparents leave! And good to know the science place is a hit...I'll have to take Aniela sometime when were in town :-)