Sunday, September 06, 2009

The final days of Summer...


Although we've had some gorgeous weather, the air has taken on that cool crispness at night that lets us know that Fall is fast approaching. We continue to spend as much time as possible, soaking it up while we can. We play in the yard almost every day. Our tomato plants are exploding and the apples on our apple tree are ripe for the picking. Wyatt is happy "livin' off the land" as Dayven says, with an apple in one hand and a tomato in the other. He picks the tomatoes right off the vine and pops them in his mouth. Our dinner last night was made up of things entirely from our yard and our neighbor's veggie garden, except for the meat.

Hadley is doing great. She's really a pretty content baby. She's happy as long as she's being held. Wyatt has really warmed up to her and I know they're on their way to a beautiful friendship. When he gets up in the morning or from his nap, the first thing he does is look for her. She's only getting up twice in the night now, which is much more manageable. I seem to have contracted Wyatt's cold. He's already on the mend so I'm hoping mine is short lived too. I'm praying Hadley doesn't get it next. We'll be flying solo again this week as Dayven heads out on a business trip to Peoria.

2 comments:

Winona said...

We are too eating off of the land. Squash, cucumbers and tomatoes. I made a batch of salsa. We had BLT's for lunch. Our apples the squirrels got them. The grapes are about ripe. The few plums we got were good. We are getting ready to go to Branson in the car. We'll be gone a week.

The Vlachs said...

Sooo cute! Glad you're getting a little more sleep, Chels. Miss you! Meg