I was a little smug in a previous post where I wrote about our 12 hour stretches of Wyatt-free time, referring to our sleepless nights as a thing of the past. Usually, Wyatt's sleep routine is pretty predictable. He goes to bed around 6:30 or 7pm and wakes the same time in the morning, without stirring once...except when he is sick. When this kid is feeling under the weather, the dramatics really kick in. He wants everyone in the house, no, make that neighborhood, to know about his discomfort. He has spent the last 3 days (and nights) moaning, wailing and flailing himself about like there was no tomorrow. His sweaty little body was running temps between 101-103 trying to rid itself of a vile virus and he was only sleeping about 1 hour at a time, before waking again. Thursday was pretty much an all-nighter for us, where we took turns rocking him, walking the house and nodding off for 15 minute power naps. It's been a while since we've watched the sun come up.
We made repeated trips to the pediatrician, where they assured us it was just one of the viruses currently sweeping through the little population. Wyatt has quite the active social calendar. Between his Kindermusik class, our weekly playgroup, and various other playdates and activities we have going on, there is no telling where he picked it up. Unfortunately, because he's teething, everything within reach goes right in his mouth. Any one of the disgusting slobber-soaked community toys he likes to chomp on could have been contaminated. He has been so miserable these past couple of days, I decided to postpone our trip to Florida by a week, deciding it wouldn't be much fun for anyone, least of all the 100 other people sharing our flight.
To top it all off, last night, on the night he finally seemed to be resting more comfortably, the people in the neighborhood that backs up to ours were having a rockin' rager, complete with a live band! About 11pm, I woke to the sound of a large group of people (I'm guessing at least a hundred) singing "I've got friends in low places". Of all the nerve! Didn't they know I had a recovering kid upstairs that was trying to get some shut eye? I had a good mind to march right through the trees and tell them a thing or two about a thing or two. But instead, I just lied in bed and complained to Dayven.
But today, the clouds seem to have parted and the sun is once again shining on our house. Wyatt seems to be in good spirits so we think he's making the turn. Good thing too, as I'm not sure how much longer Dayven and I could have lasted...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment