Wednesday, March 14, 2007

New suede shoes

Wyatt has finally outgrown his shoes and had to be fitted for a new pair. His doctor said his foot is doing great and he is very pleased with the angle at which he is holding it now when barefoot. We’re donating his old shoes to an organization his doctor works with that gives the shoes to children in Mexico. These orthotic shoes are expensive (I know because our insurance didn’t cover one penny of their $275 price tag) and many families there don’t have the money to purchase them. By simply re-working the interior padding, they are able to customize them for children that need them. I love helping a good cause and Wyatt was happy to pass them along to a new home!

Wyatt and I had a lunch date downtown today with my friend Paige, who is expecting her first child in August. It was so gorgeous (81 degrees!), we sat outside on the patio of the Mexican restaurant. This weather is giving me spring fever. If I didn't have the little guy with me, I would have ordered a beer. Dayven gets home from Peoria tonight and we're ready to see him. We've missed him this week!


My dad won the "People's Choice" award and honorable mention at the Cedar Key Arts Center 3-D Exhibit with his assemblage art piece Gon' drive me to drinkin' if you don't stop drivin' that hot rod Lincoln, made from found objects.