Sunday, March 25, 2007

All work and no play

It was another gorgeous weekend here in Nashville. Dayven had a football tournament on Saturday, but luckily, his team was out quickly (I was more excited about this than him). We spent the remainder of the day Saturday and all day Sunday outside – cleaning out the garden beds, planting flowers, trimming bushes and spreading new mulch. Dayven decided it would be best if one of us stayed relatively clean, in case Wyatt needed something, while the other one did most of the dirty work. Can you guess who got which role? Last summer, I was VERY pregnant and spent most of my time inside in the air conditioning watching tivo, while Dayven was outside sweating it. I have a feeling I'll be making up for it this summer and Dayven will have me busting my hump to earn my keep. The real job foreman supervised from his post in his exersaucer...in between naps, of course.

After a full day outside plus a couple of trips to Home Depot, we were sufficiently exhausted, sunburned and our hamstrings were sore, so we decided to call it a day. There is nothing like a nice long shower, followed by a cold beer and a little relaxing on the sofa after a hard day's work in the yard.