Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Namaste

I have been doing yoga for about two years and loving it. In fact, I did it all 9 months of my pregnancy, right up until the week before Wyatt was born. I was thrilled to find out our gym offers “kid’s yoga”. It is only natural that Wyatt would love yoga too since he was basically doing it in my belly for 9 months. We went to our first class and Wyatt did great. He laid on the mat doing his own exercises (pretty strenuously, I might add), while I did down dog and chataranga right over top of him. We both enjoyed it, although all the cooing, squealing and giggling did detract a little from the usual meditative vibe. At times, he was talking so loudly, it was hard to hear the instructor. He worked hard through the entire class, but all the exercising wore him out and made him hungry. He got a little anxious at the end, so we had to take a break and have a snack.