Saturday, March 16, 2013

Life advice from a 3 year old

Hadley and I were chatting downstairs in the basement during my workout, when the conversation started getting a little more serious. She told me all about bullies and what you should do if you encounter one. She talked about all the people she loved and how she especially loved herself. I haven't even really talked to her much about this yet, but I was so touched that she's figuring it out. Then she said "If you wear the same exact outfit as your best friend, it's called 'matching' and dat's cool.....You should always be nice to your best friend. If you see your best friend in the parking lot, you should run up to them and kiss them and hug them and tell them you love them......  but you should never walk in the parking lot without your mommy and daddy.....and never ride in the car without your seatbelt."............ thoughtful pause .............. "and you should just always love yourself because that is very important....to always love yourself".

Just when I thought she might be the wisest 3 year old on the planet, she said "AND..... you should never talk without your head." This one stumped me. Without your head? "Yes, dat's right. If you don't have a head, you should find someone who HAS a head and they will help you talk, even though you don't have one. It will all work out."   hmmm. I'll let you ponder that one.


3 comments:

Winona said...

loved the video of Hadley. She is quite the little talker. Mom always said I was born talking and I think Hadley was too!!We broke a 130 yr. old temp yesterday with 77. It felt so good.

Marta said...

Precious and a good reminder to us all. Oh and I totally get the without your head thing Hadley! I often times find myself without a head and have to seek advice from people with heads. You are a very smart cookie!

Chelsea said...

haha!! Too funny Marta. I didn't think of it that way. Yes Winona, she talks a mile a minute, this girl!