Monday, March 25, 2013

Hey now, hey now, my boyfriend's BACK!


Dayven got home this weekend for a 6 day trip. We were all sooooo glad to see him. When he travels, it is hard, hard, hard. We're all a bit out of sorts. The kids seem to act up more. They get bored and make terrible messes - like empty three boxes of kleenex into the jumpy house and laugh manically while they roll around in it. I suppose that is my punishment for making them turn the TV off. They both started sobbing when I told them I was going to tell daddy. Even Finely had a rough week, running away twice. He seems convinced he can find a better home elsewhere and he's probably right. Thankfully kind neighbors returned him. Finley!! I am tired from doing it all myself. No one was sleeping that well, Wyatt woke up with night terrors one night, Hadley was crying because she lost her slippers under the covers (she sleeps in them) and Tate was grumbling a couple of nights because he has more teeth coming in. I don't sleep well at night either, which means I'm even more tired during the day and wander around in a foggy haze. One morning I opened the door to let Finley out, forgetting the alarm was on. We were all blasted with piercing shrieks and I started running around in a panic while the kids screamed and covered their ears. The alarm company called to check on us by the time I had it disarmed so I guess the system works. Lack of sleep also makes me grumpy and I snap at the kids way too much. Hadley asked me this week "Mommy, why are you so mad? You are just always yelling at us." That broke my heart a bit and I vowed to reel it in and count to ten before reacting too quickly. I have a new appreciation for single mothers. How in the world do they do it?

But, he's back now and we're so GLAD! We actually had a really nice weekend. We worked in the yard trying to secure the fence at the bottom of our hill so Finley can't escape anymore. We went to check out a new playground and the kids ran around for an hour in pure delight. It is so great to get some fresh air. We got another massive snow fall last night and school is on a two hour delay so we're home hanging out and passing the time. 
Little snuggle man giving daddy a big hug!
Just one of MANY messes that occurred this week
Hadley gave us marker mustaches. I don't know why she'd rather color on herself than paper. 
He wasn't sure what to think of walking on the mulch. 
Hello!?? Spring anytime soon??



No comments: