Dear Wyatt,
It’s hard to believe a year has passed since we first brought you home and even harder to believe the ways in which you have changed our life. Being your mom has taught me so many things – like how to do most household tasks with only one hand, how to eat a sandwich in 2 minutes flat and that wet wipes remove most stains - but really you’ve taught me much more important things. Life has taken on a different meaning since you entered our world. Being your mom has really softened me. I recognize the beauty in everyday things and appreciate life so much more now. Nothing means more to me than your happiness.
You and I are attached at the heart and the hip, little buddy. We go everywhere together and spend most of our waking moments together. Occasionally, I’m ready for a break and want to do something on my own, but I always find myself thinking about you, missing you and wondering what you’re doing (although I can usually guess because you’re pretty predictable). I can’t wait to get back and see you because we’re really much better when we’re together. You listen quietly as I narrate the details of our day. I love to show you things and watch you marvel at a new discovery. Seeing the world through your eyes gives things a whole new meaning – the leaves blowing on the trees, a ball rolling down the sidewalk or the bark of a dog. You watch everything with such curiosity and wonder.
I can’t believe how lucky I am to be blessed with such a beautiful little boy. There are so many things I love about you – your big soulful brown eyes framed in long, wispy lashes, the smell of your smooth skin, your meaty little thighs, those cherubic cheeks and a giggle that melts my heart. Your sweet little smile always brightens my day.
No one knows for certain what the future holds, but I know this for sure. You will always be my little boy and I love you with all my heart and soul.
You are my sunshine.
Love, Mommy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment