Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Boys, booze, boats and balls.

Golf balls, that is...

Dayven’s back from his golf-a-rama in Lake of the Ozarks. He spent the last 4 nights there with his buddy Luke from Colorado and his family at their cabin. Every year they use the annual golf outing as an excuse to take a break from the real world and kick back, cut up and hit the lake. They spent their mornings on the golf course, their afternoons on the boat and their evenings sitting around drinking gin and reminiscing about old times. It always makes Davyen a bit nostalgic for the days when he had a boat and could spend time on the water whenever he wanted, but he gets his fill of it in a long weekend. He returned home sufficiently tired, sunburned, liqueur-logged and ready for a week of detox.


Meanwhile, back in Nashville...

My parents came to town to keep me company while Dayven was away. As always, they were so excited to see Wyatt and spoiled him appropriately. Nana and Poppy brought a whole slew of new toys for him to examine so he was in heaven. He came down with a little stomach bug part of the way through their visit and the poor little guy spent an evening retching his brains out. I was so thankful to have my mom here to help. Otherwise, I would have been cursing my husband for going out and having a good time while I was home covered in slime. Luckily it came and went rather quickly so they were still able to enjoy visiting with him. My mom and I drank mojitos and watched our "chick flicks" and Dad caught up on his reading. My mom loves fabric shopping just as much as I do so it's something we always enjoy doing together. We had a sucessful shopping trip so I'll be spending the next few days with my nose buried in cloth, making pillows for Dayven's new sofa.

No comments: