Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Happy Birthday to my favorite little Space Ranger!

Our little boy is not such a little boy anymore - Wyatt turned 4 today!!

We actually celebrated over the weekend since Dayven is currently out of town and wanted to be with him to celebrate. He wanted to go to Chuck E Cheese so we headed over to play for an hour or so, then have some pizza. We decided to skip the party thing (I have MANY opinions on this topic, which you know I'll be sharing shortly) and do a low key evening with just our family. The kids had a ball running from game to game. It was Hadley's first time out of the stroller at Chuck E Cheese and she was off like a bandit, climbing up on games while people were still playing them. It was a full time job just keeping track of her.





Wyatt likes any game with a steering wheel. 

So does Hadley...












Hadley loved the Bob the Builder ride! 












If the object of the game were to roll the ball closest to the pins without knocking any down, he'd be a champ...
After dinner, we went home to have some cake and open presents. Wyatt requested a Toy Story cake, which almost gave me carpal tunnel, but hey, anything for my little guy on his special day. He was impressed, but when we asked him if he wanted a piece, he said "No panks!" He's just not much of a sweets guy.
Since today is his actual birthday, I felt like we should do something. So, I took the kids to the mall to see the pirate ship and the sea lions and followed it up with lunch at McDonald's. A treat for them, indigestion for me...

Happy Birthday, my sweet little boy. Every day you make us laugh with your silly, sweet musings and animated expressions. We love you to infinity and beyond!

3 comments:

Marta said...

Happy Birthday Wyatt! We miss you sooo much! WIsh we could have been there because you know the Watts would have had no problem helping out with that amazing cake ;-)

Mizerany Family said...

Happy 4th birthday Wyatt!

I would doubt Wyatt was your child if I didn't see him grow in your belly. What kid doesn't like birthday cake (especially one as colorful as that)??! I hope you know you can freeze it, and it still tastes delish!

Winona said...

Looks like a wonderful 4th birthday. They can be fun with just family!! Birthday parties in my opinion have gotten way way out of hands now days. You did such a good job of that cake. God will bless you for it even if Wyatt didn't eat a bite of it. I hope it didn't bring you to tears!! ha