Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My friend Andrea and I ran the Canadian Derby 5K this past weekend. I haven't done a race since Wyatt was a baby and it felt great to get back into it. It was a really nice flat course that wound along the river bluff in Edmonton. I finished it in 26 minutes, 20 seconds. Not my personal best time, but I was happy considering how hard it is to find time to run with two little kids. On a side note - Andrea has a 2 year old and a 5 month old. Doesn't she look amazing? As a reward for our hard work, we went out for a burger and beer afterward. So much for those calories we had burned!



I was REALLY looking forward to crossing that finish line. Almost there!!
Wow, I look tired...

I went out with some girlfriends this week for a much needed Girls' Night Out. We went for dinner/drinks, followed by the Black Eyed Peas concert. The concert was incredible and such high energy. It was an amazing theatrical performance - with laser lights, a moving stage, outrageous costumes and Fergie rockin' her platform stilettos, of course. Will.i.am actually did a freestyle song where he "rapped" everyone's blackberry test messages they were sending him during the concert. He even DJ'd a crazy mix of old school favorites - Michael Jackson, Nirvana, Journey, Guns n Roses and RHCP. The entire stadium was on their feet dancing and belting out the words! On the way home, we spotted the Northern Lights glowing in the sky, so we pulled over and got out of the car to admire their beauty. The perfect ending to a great night!
L to R: Dorothy, Marianne, Shona, me


Getting ready to board the LRT (light rail train) to the concert.



Black Eyed Peas in da house!

4 comments:

Mizerany Family said...

So jealous of your fun night at the concert!

Winona said...

Oh, when we were in Iceland we saw the northern lights. They are great.!!
Nice you can race again. I never could run much.

Marta said...

I am so proud of you on your 5K! That is one kick-ass time too. I've been training for years and a 26minute 5K is booking it.

ebbandflow said...

Looking good Chels. I've just entered a 10km at end of October and a 12km at the end of November. Just getting back into it this week after recovering from my knee so we'll see. That's a great time. Family photos look beautiful - good co-ordination! Nai