Thursday, April 09, 2009

Spring has sprung!?

I guess you can count this as "Spring". The majority of the snow has melted and the patches of visible grass are getting bigger and bigger. I'm keeping my fingers crossed we won't get another dump of it, but it's possible considering we got a snow storm at the end of April last year. For now, it's just a dirty mess (they use sand here instead of salt on the roads). Poor Finley requires a foot bath almost daily to keep his grubby paws clean.  

For now, this nice weather has us outside as much as possible. I've been taking Finley for his nightly walks and Wyatt goes outside every evening to play with Daddy when he gets home from work.  Dayven fired up the pressure washer (he's been waiting!) and cleaned out the garage, the driveway and anything else that looked like it needed to be blasted with 3000 psi of water. We've been taking some nice walks in the neighborhood in our wagon and even grilled out this week.

I celebrated another birthday this week (I won't mention which one). It was pretty uneventful, which is fine by me. I'm happy to let them quietly come and go. I spent the day with my favorite little boy ("happa bir-day, mommy!") and had sushi takeout for dinner with my favorite big boy. The night ended curled up on the couch with a big bowl of birthday ice cream. What better way to spend the day?

Bye bye, beard! Dayven said he's had enough of the facial hair and it was time for the beard to go. He had been getting creative shaving into different shapes for fun (or maybe to freak me out, I'm not sure) but he finally got tired of it. He told me that he had planned to shave it after we had one week straight of temperatures "in the pluses" and we have. He shaved it off today and I honestly didn't even notice until he pointed it out. 

We went with Dayven to the motorcycle shop to check out some boots and gear. He ended up buying the motorbike he's been drooling over. Yes, I gave in. Who am I to stand in the way of a man's dream? He ordered it from a dealership in the states (for customs reasons). His boss has a ranch in Idaho and ordered a new quad from the same local dealership. They'll be heading down in May for a boys weekend to pick up their new toys and ride the Lewis and Clark trail. 
Hope you are enjoying some nice Spring weather too!

3 comments:

The Vlachs said...

Happy Birthday, Chelsea!!! (By the way, Wyatt looks ADORABLE!)

Winona said...

I love birthdays. I think they are the most fun. It won't be long until Wyatt will be wanting his own motor bike!!

Marta said...

Happy Birthday Chelsea!