As much as I can hardly bare the thought of, yet another, blog post about the weather (or food), here it is. It's my personal belief that if you're under the age of 90, there is almost always something more interesting to talk about than the weather. I won't bore you with the details, but the weather here is crummy. Even Dayven was grumbling this morning that he doesn't care if he never sees snow again for the rest of his life. I've been in a bit of a blog funk lately and desperately awaiting Spring.I choose instead to focus on the things that brought a smile to my face this weekend.
- My belated birthday deep tissue massage. One hour on the table worked out all the kinks and left me with that relaxed spaghetti noodle feeling.
- Homemade carrot cake with cream cheese icing. hmmmm.....
- Wyatt's facial expression as he tasted a jalapeno chip for the first time - pure disgust, then horror as the hotness kicked in. He ran around the kitchen shrieking and madly grabbing his tongue.
- Wyatt's sweet little giggle while playing and wrestling on the floor with Daddy.
- Curling up on the couch with Dayven to watch a movie after Wyatt went to sleep.
- Eating Dayven's banana pancakes and drinking coffee in my PJs on Sunday morning with my two favorite boys.
- Listening to Dayven and Charlie talking on the phone like girls - discussing at length the outfits they were packing for their upcoming trip to Quebec City this week.
If you're going to be stuck inside, I can't imagine two people I'd rather be stuck with. We made the best of our weekend, despite Mother Nature's attempt to spoil it.

No comments:
Post a Comment