Monday, April 06, 2009

Rest in Peace, Macky

Dayven's step grandmother, Macky, passed away Saturday morning. Click here to read her obituary. Maxine "Macky" was married to Dayven's grandfather for 25 years, a second marriage for both. The picture on the right was taken a couple of years ago on a visit to Denver.

Her health had been deteriorating for some time and she had taken a turn for the worse last week. They transferred her to a nursing home so she could receive the extra care she needed (she and O.J. were still living on their own in a condo). She passed peacefully on Saturday morning. O.J. plans to remain in his condo. It's been a tough few months for him, first losing his daughter and now his wife. I was thinking of how sad it is to outlive your spouse and this is the second time he has to endure it, losing Dayven's grandmother to breast cancer many years ago. He and Macky enjoyed a wonderful marriage and I know he'll miss her immensely.

4 comments:

Winona said...

That is a good picture of Macky. I talked to OJ last night. He's holding up real good. I see your weather has warmed up, same temp as us today.

Mizerany Family said...

Sorry for your loss Chels & Dayven.

Marta said...

I am so sorry. Keeping Dayven, You and O.J. in our thoughts and prayers.

The Vlachs said...

Oh I'm so sorry.... How wonderful that they had 25 years together. We're keeping you all in our thoughts!