I get such a kick out of watching Wyatt's little personality develop. Sometimes he does the silliest things. Here are just a few little things about Wyatt that crack us up...When he gets mad, he punches Finley. If something happens to upset him (usually NOT getting his way with something), he gets angry, balls up his fists and his face turns beat red. If poor Finley happens to be standing nearby, he's getting a knuckle sandwich. No, we don't condone animal abuse. I know, we shouldn't find this as funny as we do, but there is something about watching it all go down. Honestly, poor Finley is more confused than injured anyway. And we always make Wyatt apologize. "Sow-wee, Finney!"
He is a dancin' fool and LOVES music. He is obsessed with music and can't stop himself from swaying to the beat (or not at all on the beat...whatever). When he walks into a new room, he has the ability to spot the radio in about 3
seconds, much like I would imagine law enforcement officers are trained to spot suspicious activity. His eyes scan the room, then he shouts "TURN WADIO ON!!!" and runs off to start pressing buttons until he figures it out how to do it himself (it doesn't take him long). He has become known for this at both the church and gym daycare.Lately, he has started calling me Chelsea (or "Chessie" as he says it). Dayven thinks this is hilarious, saying "Well...it IS your name!"
He puts himself on time out. Dayven scolded him for something the other day and he stomped off in a huff. Dayven said "Go look. I'll bet he's on timeout". Sure enough, I peeked around the corner and Wyatt was sitting on the bottom step (the timeout spot in our house) whimpering and mumbling under this breath. He stayed there until Dayven went and told him he could get up. We've been having some power struggles at
mealtime lately and our meals often end in timeout. Yesterday, we had a pleasant lunch with no issues, although he did not finish what was on his plate. When he was done, he got down and ran off in the other room. When I went to go see where he was, I found him sitting quietly on the bottom step. I asked him what he was doing and he answered, completely straight faced in his sweet little voice, "Timin' out", as if this fact should be totally obvious. For some reason, this just broke my heart. Either he has just become resigned to the fact that every meal ends in timeout or he figures that's the trade off - if you don't want to finish your meal, you can just sit in timeout. I reassured him he was NOT in trouble and he should go play.He is obsessed with watching videos of himself. I know all kids are. If anyone even attempts to get on the computer for another reason, the pestering begins. He climbs up in your lap shouting "Watch Wy videos, pweez!" He watches the same ones over and over and cracks up every time like he is a world class comedian.
He loves to pretend Finley's kennel is his private clubhouse. He takes his toys and snacks in there and shuts the door, just playing quietly by himself. I should probably explain this to the babysitter so she doesn't call social services on us.


4 comments:
Too funny! We can't wait to see you all in May!
He is growing up into such a gorgeous little boy. It all happens so fast!
i love the picture of Wyatt in the doggie house. Too bad he's going to soon outgrow it, I mean Wyatt!!
I love the stories about his little personality. I miss living close by and wish that we could get both families together and watch the children interact. He seems like such a funny little guy...just like his mommy!
Post a Comment