...the mice get kind of bored. Dayven has been gone for a week and a half. He was in Fort Mac for 6 days, then headed to Kamloops, B.C. for another business trip, with a boys' ski excursion in the middle. Wyatt and I managed to find ways to fill our days without going too stir crazy. It sure makes me appreciate Dayven when he's gone and I realize how much I look forward to "second shift" coming home in the evening to relieve me. Not that Wyatt is that difficult, just a typical bossy, sometimes ornery two year old and I really enjoy my quiet evenings with my husband.
It has been bitterly cold and snowing steadily for three days now, leaving us feeling a bit cooped up. Wyatt came down for a cold/bug that seems to be making the rounds so we were down and out for a couple of days while waiting for it to pass. We made the most of our time, playing trains, trains and more trains. When we grew tired of trains, we played cars. When we grew tired of cars, we watched movies. We had two invites to friend's houses for dinner, which was fun and broke up the week nicely. I discovered another wonderful use for the gym daycare. I dressed in my work out clothes (to keep up appearances) and dropped Wyatt off. Instead of heading up to the track, I grabbed a tall latte and curled into a comfy leather chair with my book in the upstairs coffee lounge. My new secret get-a-way!
Dayven arrived home at lunch time today and not a minute too soon. Wyatt has really started asking about him the last couple of days. Last night at bedtime, I told him Daddy would be home tomorrow. When I went in his room this morning to get him, he asked "Daddy?" I sighed, "No Wy, it's just me..." You would have thought the Pope arrived today judging by Wyatt's reaction when he saw Dayven come through the door. I must admit, I was pretty excited to see him too.
Dayven and the boys skiing in Jasper...
L to R: Steve, Nate, Jake, Matt and Dayven

3 comments:
you must not have seen the sign on the daycare door?? It reads "you MUST exercise to take advantage of this daycare!! I think you had a pretty good idea. Don't tell anyone. Keep it a secret.
We have friends here that do the same thing with the gym daycare. In fact they sometimes even leave to run errands! The nerve....
SO smart!!!!!!! Sometimes we just need a break (and to break a silly little rule) ;) Go girl! Glad you're taking care of yourself! How are you feeling?!
Post a Comment