Monday, March 09, 2009

That'll teach him to criticize my snow shoveling technique

I'm a lazy snow shoveler. I will admit I usually make a very half hearted effort. Not to mention I usually drive up and down the driveway a few times before I get around to shoveling so the tire tracks are nice and packed down, which requires extra scraping to remove them. Dayven actually makes an effort to remove the tire tracks, but as you can see, I do not.

The snow just continues to fall here, leaving heaps of fresh powder daily, which would be great if this were a ski slope, but of course, it's not...

We've essentially been looking at the same snow since November. It never melts, it just keeps coming. The mounds on either side of our driveway are practically sledding material. Forget snow plows. Soon the Caterpillar front end loaders will come to remove it from our streets.  Thank goodness for 4 wheel drive! The store parking lots are another matter all together. Can you believe they don't plow them? Imagine pushing a cart heaping with groceries and a toddler through a snow-filled lot. If that's not a workout, I don't know what is.

In case you're wondering, no, I did not leave only half of the driveway shoveled, although I was tempted. I went back and shoveled Dayven's side as well. I have been slacking a bit on my shoveling duties lately, which I feel only slightly guilty about. If I don't shovel it while Wyatt is napping, that means Dayven has to do it when he gets home from work. I tell him that it's really exhausting creating a human life in your body and sometimes I just need to rest (i.e. lie on the couch while eating toast with Nutella and watching "So you think you can dance, Canada" reruns).

2 comments:

ebbandflow said...

I'm glad Spring is on it's way, that couch has your name on it!

Anonymous said...

I'm not pregnant and I hit the couch every day for an hour if I can.!!Good for you. I've read where it is good for one to take a short nap each day. We had one tiny inch of snow yesterday morning and traffic came to a stand still. It was really icy, melted away by 10 a.m. of course right after rush hour.