Monday, March 30, 2009

Shoes are a girl's best friend

or is it diamonds? No matter, they are both pretty fabulous, right? Saturday night I went with my friend Andrea to a private party at a little shoe boutique downtown. It's a beautiful store in an old restored loft with exposed brick walls and leather furniture and a fully stocked kitchen! It's the kind of shopping experience where you're invited to sit down and relax while they fix you a drink or cappuccino and bring the merchandise to you...a la Pretty Woman. They closed down the store for the party so we had the place to ourselves. We could try on whatever we wanted and wear them around, while noshing on nibbles and swilling wine (or club soda for some of us). It was such a fun way to feel pampered. They had such beautiful and exotic shoes, many featured in Spanish or Italian Vogue. I didn't actually buy anything - my feet are a little swollen and I just couldn't get past the price tags on some of them - but it was still a fun evening. We headed out for a delicious Thai dinner afterward at a fun little spot downtown. It was really authentic and I ate green chicken curry so spicy it left me sweating and wiping my nose. It's always a treat to have an adults-only night out. I'm taking advantage of it now since I know these nights will be few and far between once baby number 2 arrives!

4 comments:

The Vlachs said...

Your little bump is adorable!!!!!!!

ebbandflow said...

Your bump looks great - and so do those shoes! Hope you are feeling good.

Winona said...

your evening out sounded great. I didn't figure the little bump would be showing yet but it is!! Time goes so fast especially if you are not the one carrying the bump!!

Mizerany Family said...

I love that you are showing!! Enjoy every minute of this pregnancy!