Saturday night I headed out to check out a Hip Hop Dance Competition downtown with a girlfriend. It was the culmination of a two day event where various dance teams comprised of amateurs, professionals and choreographers show off their moves. When I told Dayven where I was going, he was so puzzled, asking me all these questions, like it was the strangest way to spend a Saturday night. "You mean, Hip Hop dancing, like 'Yo Yo, what up!?'" Yeah, that kind. The truth is, I have secretly always wanted to be a hip hop dancer. I figured it would be a great fall back if my career as an FBI agent didn't pan out, which it didn't, of course, for obvious reasons. Sadly, my fall back never came to fruition either. Still, it was fun to watch the excitement from afar and I found myself dancing in my seat just a little.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
We cooped up in the house today. There is a blizzard outside. I was sure you'd be glad to hear it. We have 10 inches so far. Up to now our largest snow this winter was only 3 inches. Highways are closed in all directions and it is supposed to keep snowing until 6 a.m. tomorrow. I fixed us a huge breakfast then at 10 a.m. i sat down and watched a movie!!
Oh I can recall some of your hip hop moves on top of speakers at several Peoria bars...perhaps there is still a future as a dancer for you afterall
That sounds like SO MUCH FUN! Good for you for getting out :)
Post a Comment