Despite the fact that I am with him 24 hours a day, his first official word is "Dada". It started as a long string of syllables, but has since become very distinctly just "Dada!" or "A Dada!". Sometimes I look at him and very slowly and deliberately say "MAMA". He stares intently at my lips, gets quiet for a few seconds, as if contemplating this new word, then he looks me square in the eye and yells "Dada!" Of course, Dayven is thrilled by this. I don't think Wyatt has made the connection between Dayven and Dada yet, but he is very pleased with this new word (or our reaction to it) and says it all day long. It has become the standard response to everything you ask or tell him. So I have made my own game out of it.ME: Who is going to unload this dishwasher?
WYATT: Dada!!
ME: Who do you want to change your stinky diaper?
WYATT: Dada!!
As you can see, the possibilities are endless...
He is quite a loud talker in general with a lot to say. He jabbers all day long, just to hear himself I think. Like most of his battery-operated toys, there are two settings on the volume dial - LOUD and LOUDER. Everything is spoken at the top of his lungs and punctuated with a squeal. Dayven says it is apparent he gets this trait from me.
We are having so much fun watching his little personality develop. He seems to have boundless energy. He is always moving - kicking his legs, rolling around, grabbing anything within reach, stuffing it in his mouth, then throwing it as hard as he can. He has a lot of physical energy which must be exerted. I think it's apparent who he gets that from.

No comments:
Post a Comment