Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Dear Birthday Girl,

How is it possible that you are THREE years old today, my sweet baby girl!? I can remember the first time I laid eyes on you when the doctor placed you in my arms. I felt your presence in the room the second you were out of my belly. I knew you were destined for great things.

It's been a joy to watch you grow over the past three years and see your personality develop.

You are smart, sassy and silly. You have the best sense of humor and make us laugh every day with your observations and musings. Everything is entertaining in your little high pitched, sing-song voice and your animated hand gestures top it off. You are the life of our family dance parties. Your delicious giggle is infectious!

Your outgoing bubbly nature quickly wins you friends where ever you go. You have such a motherly instinct, caring for your "aminals" as if they're real, tucking them in at night (you always know if one is missing) and gathering them all up in your arms to take them with you where ever you go. You are so kind, gentle and loving with your brothers, watching over them to make sure they're ok.

No task is too great or slide too steep for your fearless nature. All I have to do is ask if you need help and you quickly respond you can do it yourself. You're independent, determined and stubborn.


You're imaginative and creative, coming up with elaborate stories, songs and games from scratch. We love to be entertained by your impromptu "talent shows" with the coffee table as your stage. You're girly as can be and love to dress up in your costumes and wear every piece of jewelry you own at once. There's no such thing as too much glitter in your book!

You are mischievous and curious. You love to experiment and figure things out and your creative mind often gets you into trouble if we don't keep our eye on you.

You are astute and precocious. Your comprehension and intuition constantly amaze us. I'm constantly reminding myself that you're only two years old. You are whip smart and wise beyond your years.

I can't wait to watch you grow up and see who you become. You're amazing in every way. Thank you for bringing sunshine to our lives every day. I just can't imagine our world without you!

It's an honor to be your mother. I love you more than you will ever know...

Love and butterfly kisses,
Mommy







1 comment:

Marta said...

Happy Birthday Miss Hadley! How have 3 years gone by so quickly? It feels like just yesterday I was holding Hadley when she was just a little baby!