Friday, August 31, 2012
Dear Birthday Boy,
SIX years!? Really, how can that be? We've come a long way over the past six years and seen tremendous growth in you. You've had to face a lot more challenges than most kids and there have been days when you and I were both ready to throw in the towel. You've had to work hard for your accomplishments. Things don't come easy for you, but you press on. We love the look of pure joy and pride you get when you figure something out on your own. You constantly amaze us. You are not my easiest kid, but you've taught me the most - patience, humility and unconditional love.
Your enthusiasm is contagious and complete strangers often smile when they pass us in a store and overhear your excited chit chat. You are the best gift opener because every gift is "the! best! present! ever!" exclaimed with a huge genuine smile on your face and it really is.
You are so sweet with your sister. I love to listen to your silly exchanges when neither of you know I'm there. You really are best friends. You tell me this fact all the time. You are so loving with her and you can push her buttons like no one else!
You have an incredible memory. Elephants have nothing on you! We are amazed at the tiniest details you can remember from something that happened ages ago. You quickly memorize books, poems and songs, remembering every word.
You are a planner who must always know what is coming next. You are constantly asking what we're doing tomorrow or this weekend or how many sleeps until a big event. You'll never be a fly by the seat of your pants kind of guy. An organized calendar is your savior.
Your manners are impeccable...most of the time. You always say please and thank you and are quick to remind us when we forget.
But most importantly, you're never afraid to just be who you are. I admire this about you so much and wish I could be more like you. You're unabashedly you. You talk loudly and squeal in excitement when something pleases you, unaware if others are looking. If you're happy, you're happy. If you're not, you make it known. You don't really care what others think. After 37 years I'm still working on this one. You're helping me.
My hope for you is that you always maintain this sense of peace with who you are. Be strong, be brave, never be afraid to be yourself. I know you're not now, but please don't lose this as you go through life. Go for what you want. Take a deep breath and tell yourself you can do it. You are stronger than you think and you will make it. I know you will. I will always be your biggest cheerleader.
I love you so much my heart might explode.
Love and big squishes,
Mommy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










1 comment:
Hats off to you Chelsea for that wonderful article you wrote about Wyatt. The picture of Hadley helping Wyatt with his back pack is so cute. Little mommy she is.
Post a Comment