We attended a friend's birthday party at Chuck E Cheese, which is always an adventure. Dayven and I both agreed it was actually a lot more fun that we were expecting it to be, although his mood improved dramatically when he realized they served beer.

Wyatt has a love-hate relationship with the jet pack adventure game. It's so scary, it almost makes him cry, but he always begs for more tokens so he can do it again.
It rained almost the entire "May Long Weekend" so we didn't do much outside. May 24 is a holiday in Canada ("Victoria Day"to celebrate Queen Victoria's birthday) so Dayven had the day off, hence the long weekend. Since there are little ties to Britain any more, many Canadians jokingly refer to the holiday as "May two-four day" (2-4 refers to a 24 pack/case of beer) because May Long Weekend is unofficially the start of warm weather and beer sales start to soar. Fire up the grill and pop the top on a cold one!

We always enjoy having Dayven home for a long weekend. We went to breakfast at our favourite spot, played inside, ran a few errands and puttered around the house finishing up a few little projects. Today the sun finally peeked through the clouds so we could get back outside. Yeah, summer is just around the corner!





4 comments:
GREAT picture of you and Hadley Chels! Love your hair and darling necklace. Just adorable!! XO Betsy
Great pictures of you and the kids. Love Wy's love hate relationship with the game. But the thing that really made me smile is how you spelled favorite the English/Canadian way! Rob and I hear ourselves saying ya'll, so I totally get it :) Happy 2-4 day!
Hadley will be walking in no time, so enjoy your hot coffee and cold beers...your life will change when you have two walking and running around! They are both adorable!
Just doesn't seem possible Hadley is walking already. She is growing up so fast. I loved the picture of her going up the stairs. Just scares one to death when they are so proud of themselves and stand up and teter and really don't realize they can fall down those wonderful steps. I'm catching up on my email,I feel like a Canadian as we spent 16 days in Canada. Hate that big sales tax!!
Post a Comment