
Dayven says I've been slacking on my blog posting lately. What can I say? Sometimes the creative juices are flowing and sometimes, well, they're not.
We've been enjoying a bit of "spring". We actually had some days of 22C (about 71F) which is practically a heat wave for this time of year. But then, just when you're getting used to things, Mother Nature switches it up on you. She's fickle here in Alberta. One day we were playing outside, riding bikes (we even set up our playhouse in the yard) and even grilling out, then the next day we woke to this...
No worries, it's melting already so I'm sure we'll be back outside this weekend!
I had the pleasure of chaperoning Wyatt's school field trip last week to see the Charlotte Diamond concert. She's like Cher for the preschool set and sings such classics as "I am a pizza" and "Slippery Fish". We have all her CDs so Wyatt and I were able to sing along with all the songs. Unfortunately he has inherited my tone deafness, but what he lacks in pitch, he makes up for in volume and enthusiasm. She had the kids act out the songs along with her, which I suppose is the little person's equivalent of holding up your lighter or playing air guitar.Hadley and I are attending a Mother's Day Tea Party at school tomorrow. The invite says to wear your sundresses and sandals, but given the weather, we'll just go with "springy" looking sweaters.
It's Teacher Appreciation Week so I hope you're givin' some love to your teachers. It's such an important, yet underpaid and under-appreciated profession. The teachers and staff at Wyatt's school are fantastic and I can't tell them enough how much we love them. We gave them Starbucks gift cards and homemade cupcakes (what says love if not sweets??) - "Hostess" cakes with creme filling and ganache frosting and chocolate chip cookie dough surprise with chocolate buttercream icing. Heavenly! Unfortunately there were extras and I've been making myself sick each night on them.

Wyatt and Hadley are still working on their relationship and sorting out the pecking order. There have been some bumps and bruises and a few tears, but mostly they love each other. Here are some little clips of how we've been spending the past couple of weeks...






1 comment:
Wyatt is such a little man! And Hadley is such a good sport. I loved her expession in the bouncy swing as Wyatt rolled underneath her. What lovely kids! Ning
Post a Comment