Motherhood is an amazing, exhausting, humbling, trying, awe-inspiring, hilarious, life-changing experience. I once heard it described as "the hardest job you'll ever love" and that's true. I was reminded how blessed I am this morning with an exuberant "Happy Mudder's Day!" from my little peanut Wyatt and a snuggle from my sweet little Hadley. What an incredible gift to be the mother of two special, smart, funny, adorable, quirky, happy and loving little children. Every day they teach me something - lessons about patience, humility, optimism and gratitude. I am also so grateful for my own mom and all she has done for me. I'm so blessed to have such a wonderful relationship with her and I love that she's a part of my kids' lives too.
We actually celebrated Mother's Day yesterday by going out to lunch since Dayven left town today on a work trip. He caught an early flight this morning to Vancouver so I spent the day with the kids, which I guess, is how one should spend Mother's Day. My friend Marianne was also husband-less for the day so she and her kids came over for an afternoon play date and pizza dinner.I hope you all enjoyed your day and did something you love with the people you love. Even though motherhood is often a thankless job, I am reminded of how important the job really is when I see my family happy and healthy. This is really the greatest "thanks" we could ever get anyway.
It's 8pm and I'm glad to say they kids are tucked soundly in their beds. I'm washing my chocolate covered almonds down with a glass of red wine and I'm getting ready to curl up in bed with my book. I am the happiest mudder in town....


1 comment:
Happy Mother's Day, Chelsea!! (I think it's never too late to tell another mom they're doing an amazing job, which you ARE!) Love, Meg
Post a Comment