If that last part were true, I don't think there's a mom anywhere who wouldn't shell out big bucks for it.
If only I could get back all those hard earned dollars wasted on yet another promise of a time and money saving, lifestyle altering, happiness inducing product.
The hair squeegee towel claims to cut your drying time in half, reducing the damage to your hair. Since we live in a very dry climate and I have very thin hair, it only takes about 45 seconds to dry my hair anyway, so this probably wasn't the smartest purchase. It's now in the pile of dog towels.
The sham-wow can actually hold 12 times its weight in liquid. It's supposedly great for washing your car because it reduces water spots and won't scratch the paint. Vince, I am NOT saying "wow" every time I use this towel. And I DO want my money back. Ok, so I didn't actually buy the Sham-wow. It was the Sham-wiz for a fraction of the price. Dayven says I am unfairly judging it since I didn't purchased the real Sham-wow. I'm thinking maybe he should just try using my hair squeegee on the car and save us the $19.99.
The Pampered Chef veggie steamer allows you to quickly and easily steam your veggies in the microwave. It proved so difficult to remove the lid, I bent my fingernail completely backward and cut my finger in the process. It's going in the donate pile. Thanks for nothing, Pampered Chef.
Sorry Norwex reps, but I don't believe the hype. I'm sorry to say that I got suckered in at a home "buy something from me" party and purchased the $40 Norwex cleaning rag (what was I thinking!??). It claims that you can simply wet the rag and wipe it over the surface without using any cleaner. The contents of the fibers will "disinfect" your surfaces. In concept, it sounds great. I'm all for eliminating chemicals in the home. I use natural cleaners in almost all areas of my home. The bathroom isn't one of them. I would like to know if the proponents of this system have a three-year-old boy with terrible aim who only manages to get the pee in the toilet about 30% of the time. Not to mention I saw the identical rag (I challenge you to a tag-removed test) at the dollar store for yes, just $1. There goes $40 down the toilet...
The best website for gimmicks hands down is Harriet Carter. They have every random gadget and gizmo known to man. It's hilarious. Who doesn't need a portable salad bar or a hot dog bun keeper? Now there are a few products that I must admit piqued my interest, like the Better Marriage Blanket (because, well, nothing says romance like a fart blanket), the Snuggie (one million Americans can't be wrong) and the Mister Steamy (no more ironing? I'm in!).
I'd love to say I've learned my lesson and I'll be a smarter consumer from now on, but who am I kidding? I'm sure a few more of these products will find their way into my home. After all, I'm guaranteed to love it or my money back!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Hilarious! I actually bought the real Sham Wow when Josh and I visited Branson. A couple weeks later it got thrown in the dryer by my better half - and there went the $20 I spent.
I do love my Flowbee, though!!!
Ok, I purchased the real sham wow and have been impressed so far. Though this post is hilarious and VERY true. I have made several bad purchases over the years, and ones that cost me more than $40. UGH!!
Hilarious, Chels!!!!
Post a Comment