Friday, July 10, 2009

Whoa Nelly, look at that belly!

8 months! We're in the home stretch now so I figured it was time for a baby bump update. Since Wyatt was born via c-section, I'm having a scheduled c-section this time around. It was kind of nice to take the guesswork out of it since my parents needed to book their flights. They're coming up to take care of Wyatt while I'm in the hospital and just help out around the house for a bit after the baby is born. The date is scheduled for July 31, almost two weeks sooner than my actual due date, but that is how my doctor says he likes to do things so I trust his judgment. Wyatt was 8lbs, 14oz at birth. Since this little bun is coming out of the oven two weeks early, I'm guessing she'll be a bit smaller. My belly, however, is not so small. I think Wyatt summed it up best when he saw my bare belly the other day. He enthusiastically exclaimed "OH! Wike a hippo-pawt-muss, mommy!"

I'm still feeling really good. People keep saying "Oh, you're so lucky to be going early. You must be thrilled!". Actually, in all honesty, I'm not in a huge hurry to get the baby out. I know for a fact that it's a lot easier being pregnant than it is having a newborn. Right now, I'm enjoying a full night of sleep and I actually have a nice break every afternoon while Wyatt is napping. Those days will be coming to a screeching halt very soon. Plus, I'm less uncomfortable than I was with Wyatt. Maybe this is partly because I knew what to expect the second time around, but probably also due in part to the cooler temps. Nashville was a scorcher and humid as can be, so I was literally counting the days toward the end of my pregnancy with Wyatt. It is nice and cool here, with zero humidity, so I'm still able to go for nice long walks with the boys and Finley. My belly changes shape and morphs all the time as if there's an alien inside trying to bust loose. Dayven is completely freaked out by the whole thing, just like he was when I was pregnant with Wyatt, and prefers not to feel it at all. It is a pretty wild feeling and reminds me of just how amazing it is that there's a human life growing inside me.

Since Wyatt's gender was a surprise until he was born, all of our baby stuff is in very gender neutral colors so we're reusing it all. The nursery is ready, the clothes are washed, folded and hung and I've dusted off the baby gear. We're all ready to go! Stay tuned...

4 comments:

Winona said...

I think I'm more anxious for this little girl to get here than you are. Can't wait to find out the name!???So glad your parents can come. Seems it would be hard enough to get over a C section, AND have a new baby to take care of too plus a 2yr. old!! I just hope you still have time to Blog as I really look forward to them.

Winona said...

Forgot to say, too bad your Dr. didn't say do it on the 3rd of Aug. Grandma Karen's birthday, that would have been nice.

ebbandflow said...

You look fantastic Chels. We'll be thinking of you all the way over here. I'm glad you've had a healthy pregnancy and best wishes for the birth. Let the rollercoaster ride begin! xxx

The Vlachs said...

You look FABULOUS!!!! Nothing but belly :) July 31st is a big day! We're so excited for you all! Love, Meg