On May 5, I ran with a great group of friends as a relay team in the Pittsburgh Marathon. The marathon course was split into 5 parts and each person ran to next relay point to tag off their team member. My leg was 6.4 miles downtown across the river, through Pitt campus and into Shadyside, a cute shopping area of town. My team members and I were running in support of ABOARD Autism of Pittsburgh, a wonderful organization that helps families who deal with autism. We raised $8000 for the charity and I was the highest grossing fundraiser with $4000, thanks to the generous support of my family and friends! It was a really well organized event, with shuttle buses, relay check points and after party events. Downtown was buzzing! It was an incredible day with beautiful scenic views and amazing camaraderie among runners. It was such a fun event to be a part of and I can't wait to do it again next year. Maybe I'll even run the half marathon this time!
I'm an island girl from Florida. He's a Rocky Mountain boy from Colorado. We met in the middle and began our life together. This blog is my journal and our family scrapbook. It's the place I go to record all the wonderful, silly, exhausting, amazing things that make up our life.
No comments:
Post a Comment