Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Farmers Market

My pet project I've been working on for the past 6 months has finally been launched. Our town now has its own Farmers Market! A group of girlfriends and I have been working with the Priest at our church to recruit area farmers and organize a farmers market for our town. There are a ton of farmers in the area and we all have a passion for local, healthy food so it just seemed like a good fit. We were pleasantly surprised by the response. We were hoping for 6-8 vendors and ended up with 25! Not only are there fruits and veggies, but also meat, poultry, eggs, pastries, milk, prepared foods, local artisans and even live music! Another girlfriend and I have been using our marketing backgrounds to manage the website, facebook page, work with local reporters to get news stories and advertise the market. It's been fun to use my background to work on this project. Each week, the kids and I head to the market to load up on groceries for the week!



1 comment:

Winona said...

congratulations to you and your success! That is great and I'm sure all the local people appreciate all your efforts. Was it held in the parking lot of the church?