Thursday, January 02, 2014

The fun continues...

After the rush of the holidays settled, we just enjoyed some relaxing time with my parents. 

We went to the Carnegie Museum of Natural History. It's a beautiful old building filled with history and relics. It was the perfect place to explore on a cold day.


Roasting marshmallows on the pretend fire.
Dayven and I enjoyed a nice dinner out since we had our sitters in town. We stopped at Target after dinner to pick up a puzzle since we're on a roll. There aren't many people in Target at 10pm buying puzzles. We're wild and crazy like that.

Dayven and Wyatt went to see Frozen and my mom and I shopped in the mall while the movie was on. He texted me to say he was in Disney musical hell so it sounds like we made the right choice to go shopping.

New Year's Eve - another movie night! This time we watched Despicable Me 2 and all loved it. We were in bed by 10pm. Watching the ball drop is overrated. I woke at midnight to the sound of the neighbors setting off fireworks but I was too tired to go look out the window.

We took the Christmas stuff done on New Year's Day and it felt good to get the house put back together. It always looks so drab and bare after all the glitter and sparkle is gone and it inspired me to get rolling on some decorating projects. I have big organization and purging plans too. I don't make New Year's resolutions but I've been doing a pretty good job on my workouts. Dayven and I completed the Insanity workout and we're on the beta phase of T25. It's only a 25 minute workout so I really have no excuse. We do it 5-6 days a week and I love to feel myself getting stronger.

We had a great holiday break but we're all glad to be back into the groove.

Happy New Year everyone...

No comments: