We're in! We're in! We officially moved in last Thursday and the truck brought all our stuff from storage. It was another giant truck and managed to block the end of the cul-de-sac for an entire day while the crew unloaded. It was a flurry of activity - with movers, cable guys, TV/artwork crate people, refrigerator delivery people and misc workers finishing up our punch list. At one point we had 4 trucks in the street. Did I mention it was pouring down rain? We had cardboard and rubber mats all over our floors and carpet to protect them. We've spent the last 5 days unpacking, organizing, rearranging, assessing, marveling over the amount of crap one family can amass. Our old house had a lot more built-in storage so we stashed a lot of boxes in the basement for now until we find a new home for them. It's a bottomless pit. It's almost enough to bring me to tears every time I go down there. I'm avoiding it for now. We realized we have entirely too much junk and are in desperate need of a
garage sale. I have giant piles going - donate, pitch, consign. I'm on a
roll and thinking we'll be pretty streamlined once I'm done, or at least that's my goal. I got the kitchen organized enough to actually cook a couple of meals so we're getting back to normal.



We LOVE our new home and the kids love it too. It's so great to be reunited with all our beloved possessions and sleep in our own beds again. We're getting excited thinking of all the things we will do to personalize it. But for now, we're stumbling around at night in the dark, bumping into boxes, feeling for light switches, looking for things we could have sworn we just set down and making endless trips up and down the stairs. Ah, the joys of moving!
 |
| Our view from our new deck! |
My parents headed home today and we miss them already. I'm getting significantly less done without extra hands to help deflect kids and attend to their needs. We'll get through it one box at a time!
3 comments:
Glad to hear everything went well with the move. We were wondering with the hurricane if that would have set you back. Before you know it you'll be doing the fun part of moving into a new house...making it a home and decorating it!
We just got home from a wk. in Branson, Mo. Went to a lot of shows. Weather was great. I could hardly wait to get home to see if you were all moved in. It will be easy to ignore the boxes in the basement for a while. Snowing here tonight.
Looks lovely Chels! Love the colonial house you chose to build. Can't wait to visit!
Post a Comment