Thursday, June 14, 2012
More Hadley-isms
The other day Hadley said to me (with big grand hand gestures) "Mommy, when I grow up, I'm going to be a 'Stand Up' and make people laugh!" Oh sweet little Hadley. It's true, you make us laugh every day! Here are just a few of the silly utterings that have come from her sweet little lips lately...
"Mommy, when I grow up, I will get to eat two squishies [vitamins] like Wy, right?"
She desperately wants to ride the bus like Wyatt. Every morning she puts on her shoes and backpack and races outside to greet the bus. The bus driver is very sweet and indulges her. She even let her climb up on the bus and sit right in the front seat for a minute before they pulled away. Hadley thought this was fantastic. She told me, "I really want to ride the bus, mommy. Pleeeeeaaaase.....pleeeeeease!!" I told her when she gets bigger she can ride it. She said "Well...on my tippy toes I'm bigger!"
She's still obsessed with body parts, her own and other peoples. When she sees Wyatt naked she laughs and points "HAHAHA! I see your willy, Wy!" Good thing he's not self conscious yet!
As she was taking her socks off, she announced "I'm setting my piggies free, Mommy!"
Hadley: "Sumptin stinks"
Me: "What does it smell like?"
Hadley: "It smells like you when you come home from the gym."
Dayven thought this was hilarious. Seriously, where does she come up with this stuff?
Any time anyone goes to the bathroom, she rushes in to congratulate them.
"Oh! Great job, Mommy1! I hear da pee comin' out. I'm so proud of you!"
The other day she actually came and gave me a hug while I was still on the toilet.
"Tate, tonight when you go to sleep, you will grow bigger. Than you will wake up and run around and play with me!"
"Tate doesn't know how to talk yet because he's just a baby." Then to Tate, "Don't worry Tate, I'll teach you how to talk a LOT." It's true, she'll be the best teacher of this.
When I thank her for something, her reply is "No pleasure, Mommy!" in the happiest voice possible. It's a cross between 'no problem' and 'my pleasure'. It's so funny I don't even correct her.
When Wyatt says her name to get her attention, she replies sweetly "Yes Wy?" No What? or huh? I love that it's so civilized. When he asks her a question, she replies enthusiastically "of course you can, Wy!"
I love that she still refers to her animals as "aminals" and cinnamon is "cimanon".
"Tate, I know you want this cracker. You can only drink mommy milk because you are a baby!"
She loves to talk to Tate and he just eats it up, never taking his eyes off her. She'll somehow manage to raise her sweet little high pitched voice to a higher octave and baby talk him. "Tate, wet me see dose widdle glubba glumps. oh! Wook at does cute glumps! I love dem!" (*Thighs have been affectionately referred to as "glumps" in my family for as long as I can remember. I grew up actually thinking this was their correct anatomical name). Incidentally I love his glumps too so we're always pinching them and talking about them.
The other day she lifted my shirt and said "Mommy, it's time for another baby to come out of your tummy, don't you think? It will be a boy and we'll call him Tate again!" When I relayed this story to Dayven he almost spit out his milk he was drinking. He informed Hadley that no more babies will be coming out of my tummy.
"Mommy, are you drinking beard [beer]? Beard is only for grown ups!"
She loves playing with my jewelry. I always tell her when she gets bigger I'll give it to her. I told her I liked her necklace too. She smiled and said conspiratorially, "Mommy, when you get smaller like me, I will give it to you. I will teach you how to dress up, just like me!"
"When I get bigger my hair will turn brown like yours. Then I will be grown up and I will be a mommy too." This one made me slightly sad. My baby is growing up too fast!
This one some grown up in her life is responsible for. She fell the other day and shouted "Jesus!". I said "excuse me??" and was about to correct her when she said "oh...I mean, G** d*** it." completely deadpan. I stood there dumbfounded. I have never heard anything like this out of her sweet little mouth. I'm glad it happened at home and not in front of anyone so I could explain appropriate language!
The other day we dropped Dayven off at the airport. She asked "Are Nana and Poppy going to come out now?" She has talked about this before. Once she colored a picture and told me she was going to give it to Nana and Poppy when they get back from the airport. She thinks they're still there after we dropped them off the last time.
The other night she went to the freezer and brought me back an ice cream sandwich. I asked her how she knew I wanted it, she replied "because you ate all your dinner!"
I found these potatoes in the freezer section that look like smiley faces and thought they'd be a fun treat for the kids. Wyatt loved them but Hadley was very bothered by the fact that some of them were a little squished and not as happy looking as the picture on the front of the bag. "Mommy, I can't eat this one. It looks... sad........ This one is angry!.....no, not that one......." It turns out there was only one on the whole plate that she found to be happy enough to eat!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
These crack me up...she is such a personality. I can't wait to meet the older Miss Hadley!
Post a Comment