Rather than fight the crowds of West Ed Mall, we decided to check out our local Santa at the little mall near our house. The kids were so excited. From the minute we walked into the mall, they started yelling "SANTA!? Where arrrrrreeee yooooooooou Santa!?? We're heeeeeere!!" despite my attempts to shush them. He was a great Santa too, really authentic looking with a real beard and very sweet, despite his grumpy facial expression in the photo. There were only a few kids waiting to see him so he really took his time with each one. Wyatt had a little bit of a hard time waiting his turn, but he made it. The kids really weren't afraid. They both went straight up to him and started chatting. Hadley even sat on his lap, but Wyatt kept a safe distance at his side. They both said they were good and made their requests - Wyatt asked for Green Lantern and Transformers. Hadley whispered Strawberry Shortcake and Care Bears. I didn't have to translate a single thing. Santa was on top of it, even asking about specific Care Bears and mentioning Transformers by name. He must have studied! As we were walking away, Wyatt looked down at his candy cane and said "But, where is the Green Lantern present?" He was disappointed when I told him he had to wait until Christmas. He must have thought he was getting it right then. I seem to remember that happening once before in previous years.
All this followed the temporary mental lapse I had this morning where I thought it would be a good idea to take both kids to Costco. I claim temporary insanity. After fighting for a parking spot, fighting the crowds through the store, then fighting with Hadley almost the entire visit to SIT DOWN in the cart rather than stand up, I was pretty much done with Costco. Then there was the brutal line up. Is there ever not a brutal lineup there? Hadley decided to throw a little fit just as we were making our way to the ridiculous process of showing the workers our receipt to exit (don't get me started!). I was a bit distracted and accidentally plowed over Wyatt with our heaping cart so both kids were sobbing by the time we got out the door. Good times!
![]() |
| Almost our turn... |
![]() | |
| I swear, they're happier than they look! |




1 comment:
I agree, santa's face looks pretty sad but his beard is beautiful. Thanks for the nice Card we got in the mail today. Next Christmas we'll have fun with Brendan. Love your stories all the time.
Post a Comment