I had a ball taking my new mixer on it's maiden voyage (Happy early Christmas to me!) I saw it on sale at Costco and couldn't resist. My friends couldn't believe I didn't already have one, with as much baking as I do. Now after using it, I can't believe I've gotten by this long without it. I'm in love!

Hadley put on her apron and "helped" me roll out the dough and punch the shapes, which is why we ended up with a ridiculous amount of flour on the counter. It takes a little extra work to bake with a two-year-old helper, but that's just the name of the game. When they were done baking, I let the kids do most of the decorating. They were so anxious to get started, it was all I could do to quickly squirt some icing on the cookies so the decor would stick. Not my best work, but my audience is easy to please. It was sprinkle mania! We ended up with more on the table and floor than on the cookies, but that's ok. My helpers had fun and were quite proud of their cookies so it was worth the extra cleanup.
Up next on the list...sugar cookies and eggnog cupcakes!













3 comments:
We often make gingerbread cookies and it's always a messy event, but like yours my kids love it! Good times.
I can't believe you didn't have a kitchenaid! They are the best. Man are you gonna crank out those cookies now...wish I lived closer to sample some ;-)
Oh, those pictures of the cookie making are so precious. Loved the look on Hadley's face. So cute.
Post a Comment