Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Oh yeah, that is what you think it is...


We have some exciting news to share.... our brood will be adding another member this January. Yes, I'm expecting! We're so thrilled to be bringing another little one into the mix and a little nervous when we think about the fact that these monkeys are really going to have us outnumbered!

Although I casually shared the news with the kids, I'm not sure it totally sunk in. It's kind of an abstract concept for kids to get anyway. I showed Wyatt the sonogram picture and asked him what he thought it was. His eyes got really wide and he said "Oh mommy! Is it an astronaut!??" I think that pretty much sums it up. In his defense, the sonogram pictures are a little hard to decipher without an explanation. When I told him it was a baby and he'd be getting another little sister or brother, he just said "oh... can I have my snack now?" I figure I'll build it up a little more when it's right around the corner. He is just enjoying his summer and getting excited for Kindergarten and being a kid. That's really all he should have to think about anyway.

I've been feeling pretty good. I was a little queasy in the beginning and the only thing that settled my stomach was to eat, so that is what I did. all. day. long. Since the baby is only 2 inches long, I'm going to assume the 12 lbs I have gained already is in my butt and thighs. I had an insatiable craving for grits in the beginning, just like I did with my first two pregnancies. Nice bland comfort food. They're pretty much non-existent in these parts (the grocery store clerk looked at me like I was crazy when I asked), but I discovered "wheatlets" a suitable substitute with enough butter and cheese. I still get really tired in the afternoon, but I'm starting to feel a little better now that I'm in the second trimester.  My belly is really popping out. I'm not quite big enough for maternity clothes yet, but my regular ones are bursting at the seams and won't even button. I guess by the third go around, the body knows what it's supposed to do!
It's not just a bun, it's a whole loaf!

4 comments:

Marta said...

AHHHH..I am so thrilled for all of you. You look adorable chelsea..and I had a good laugh on the "loaf" part!

Winona said...

Our exercise teacher calls those rolls that appear below the waist "muffin tops" I had never heard that before but it is fitting but your roll is more than that!! Congrats. For sure Dayven was not going to have an only child. I wonder why? ha

Loraine said...

Congrats to each of you. We are all very happy for you...Dayven...you don't need to worry about your little ones being a Ledford! Love to each of you.

Mizerany Family said...

You look beautiful Chels!! We are so happy for you all and can't wait to meet the new addition!