I made the mistake once of telling Wyatt once that we could stop in the candy store next door if he was good. Now, we always stop there, because he reminds me how good he was in the deli. He was. How can I argue that point? It's an old fashioned candy shop where most of the items are displayed in glass jars behind the counter. You make your selection and they weigh and bag them for you. They have unusual items like British Livewires, tea cakes (not actually cake at all) and every gummy treat imaginable.
Since Wyatt is not a huge sweets guy, I think he really likes the idea of it more than the actual treat. He busies himself wandering the store while I analyze the choices and quiz the cashier. Is that chewy? Does it taste sweet or sour? Is it the texture of a gummy bear or an orange slice? Oh, can I just try one?
When we get home, Wyatt eats his treat painfully slow, periodically examining it or setting it down to finish telling his story. His sister wolfs hers down and practically froths at the mouth while eyeballing his treat. She points and demands that he "Shawah! Shawah!" his treat with her and he usually does.
Did you know that Bon Bons aren't even chocolate? They're chewy, powdered sugar coated candies and they're quite good. I guess I always thought they were chocolate so I was a little surprised. I'm slightly addicted now and they've become my afternoon go to treat (insert housewife joke here). Everyone needs a little treat to sweeten their day.
And because no post about food is complete without a random picture of something I baked (Dayven says I photograph my food more than anyone he knows)...
![]() |
| Bread Pudding, caramel sauce and homemade whipped cream! |



3 comments:
That bread pudding looks heavenly!! My stomach is growling now....
oh, my, that bread pudding brings back memories. It was a known fact when we had a potluck at Barb"s ( Karen's mom's) I was to bring bread pudding.It was my mom's recipe and it had lots of cinnamon/rasins in it plus a rasin sauce on top. I haven't made it for years. I never put whipped cream on it either. On one of our trips there was a man that took photos of all of our plates full of food.
Tell Dayven Joe likes to take pictures of his food too. Especially during the cooking process. One time he even had me film segments as if he were on Food Network.
Post a Comment