He might not look like much to you, but he's a valuable member of our family. Hadley is so obsessed with this guy, we can barely pry him from her chubby little fingers. She holds one of his ears in the palm of one hand and sticks her thumb in her mouth, adjusting often to get him just how she likes him. She will barely let him out of her sight. I have to sneak him into the washing machine to rid him of the grime and boogers. I first said we would not allow her to take him out of her crib, but then she started carrying him around the house. I vowed we would not be those people that let their kids carry their blankie around all day. Today he went to school with us to drop Wyatt off. She wanders around the house, whimpering and saying "up!" "up!" (her only word) and pointing in the direction of the counter tops, thinking maybe he found his way up there, just out of her reach.
Heaven help us if this guy ever goes missing. I tried to get a replacement just in case. I was able to find the exact same bunny, except it was green. She wasn't having it. She took one skeptical look at it and flung it from the cart. I bought it anyway, figuring I could trick her under the cloak of darkness in her room, but she somehow
knows and I always find him outside the crib in the morning, like a cast-a-way.
I'm sure at some point, we'll have to stage a blankie intervention, but until then, how could I possibly take away something that brings her such pure joy?
5 comments:
Oh my goodness Chels..I didn't think it was possible for her to get any cuter than she already was but she is just so stinking adorable. We miss you guys! Hope to get a blog up soon now that I have internet :-)
I can tell Hadley is growing up way too fast. She's loosing her baby fat! Those blue eyes would woo anyone.
I agree with Marta . . . ADORABLE!
You obviously weren't a blanket baby! There is no replacing the original and yes, heaven help you if it gets lost. I'm with Hadley on this one. I'm 36 years old and I still have a favorite blanky I like to sit with and run m fingers along the silky pieces. It reminds me of my original. Long live the Snuggie Bunny in pink!
Ahh, that is nothing! One little item of attachment is cute. Let her hold onto it as long as she wants. You might be surprised how it will go missing one day (Brian was mad at me and threw my blanket out with the trash some 30 yrs ago...on trash day!!).
Post a Comment