Sunday, January 31, 2010

A little more of this and that...

We're just plugging along up here, filling our days with work, school and friends. It's hard to believe Winter is almost half over, although you wouldn't know it with our weather. It's been a steady -15, not including the wind chill. I'm getting a little tired of bundling everyone up each morning and stuffing them into their car seats. At least it's no longer pitch dark as we drive to school. If the temperature is -25 C (-13 F) or warmer, the kids grade 1 and older are outside for recess. Can you imagine? These Canadians are no wimps!

Wyatt is loving school and we love seeing the changes in him. I volunteered in his classroom last week while a friend watched Hadley for me. I love getting to experience his day, just as he does and he seems to like having me there too. The theme that day was the Teddy Bear's Picnic and each of the kids brought their teddy bear with them to school for a little carpet picnic. Of course, Wyatt's bear proudly wore his Bronco's jersey! He had a field trip this week to the gymnastics club and got to ride the school bus again, which may have been the biggest highlight of the whole trip.




















Every day we fall more in love with Hadley's sweet little personality. She is always happy and smiling with little grunts, coos and squeals spilling out of her. Her favorite toy is her big brother. She is still growing like a weed, if weeds were plump, that is. She's tipping the scales at 17 lbs. She even sits up occasionally on her own, although a strong breeze could knock her over.
 


We've been enjoying some delicious meals, compliments of our Big Cook. I love not having to stress about what to make every night and we get to nosh on scrumptious meals like Lemon Herb Roasted Chicken (pictured right). Wyatt said it tasted "just like McDonald's!", which I know he intended to be a huge compliment, and proceeded to douse it in ketchup. So far, everything we've eaten has been a hit.


I spent the better part of my Saturday at a scrapbook retreat, in a final attempt to finish this book I've been working on forever. Without Dayven's mom, Karen, to spur me on, I have lost some of my drive to scrapbook. Still, it was a fun day with some friends and I'm getting a little closer to finishing this book. After I do an album for Hadley's first year, I'm going to make the transition to digital. I'll use the rest of my supplies for the kids' crafts and homemade cards. Dayven took care of the kids for the 12 hours I was gone, including an outing to Chuck E Cheese, which he described as "a madhouse". When I got home, he said "Honey, I mopped the floors and did the laundry. I don't know what you're talking about, it's easy to get stuff done. This stay-at-home mom business is a breeze." Seriously. MEN!

4 comments:

The Vlachs said...

Hadley is too cute for words :) I'd love to talk to you about preschool -- I'll send you a note and we can "talk"... :) Miss you!!!

Winona said...

I love Hadley little fat body. She is so cute, I'd love to give her a big hug. That BIG COOK is really a good idea and glad it is such a hit. I'm making Hawaiian wings this afternoon.They sure smell good. I can hardly wait to eat them. It is a new recipe. I love to try new ones now and then. All our snow is gone and it is 38, just had to throw that in.

Mizerany Family said...

That photo of Hadley "neked" is too dang cute! She is a ham!

The Vlachs said...

So funny! I was catching up on your blog and enjoying this post when I started to realize I'd already read it. Then noticed I'd already commented last month. Where is my brain?!?! Since it's cold today, I think we'll do a teddy bear picnic when the kids wake up from their naps! Great idea!!