The Christmas tree has been taken down. The lights, ornaments and garland are all packed away. I took the Christmas CDs out of the player and returned them to their cases until next year. The house looks a little less cheery, but I'm actually kind of ready to get back to our regular routine.We've been so busy over the break and done so much, it feels like we've been off for a month. We spent the first week on our own, staying close to home so we could shake these colds. I let go of my fear of messiness and pulled out the playdoh, puzzles, dominos and even our marble run. It says ages 4 and up, although Dayven is pretty sure it was a typo and they meant to put 34 and up. We also discovered a new indoor play centre that Wyatt loves, with tunnels, slides and a giant ball pit. We'll be going there plenty this winter, I'm sure.

Our friends, the Watts, came down to spend part of the holiday with us. It was fun to break up the time a bit and have some company. We always have a good time together and the kids burn off a lot of energy. Highlights of their visit included a trip to the amusement park at the West Edmonton Mall, the indoor play centre and an afternoon at the science museum, with a special kid's movie shown in the planetarium (which the adults enjoyed as much as the kids). Marta and I even left all the kiddos with the guys one afternoon and actually went shopping on our own. A rare treat! New Year's Eve, we just had a simple meal of appetizers - crab dip, meatballs, shrimp and a gooey cheesy concoction - washed down with a little wine. After all the kids were tucked in bed, our friends Nate and Dorothy joined us for drinks and some board games. The boys may have beat us in Battle of the Sexes, but we still know who the stronger sex is!
Dayven heads back to work tomorrow, Wyatt starts school on Tuesday and Hadley and I will be resuming our gym workout. Time to get back to the daily bump and grind!

3 comments:
She is so cute in the door bouncer! My baby hated being knocked around by her sister...but your kids are always so happy!
Oh, how cute of Hadley laughing and bouncing. I also had a really good laugh when Wyatt knocked the whole contraption down. I had something similar here at the house for the grand kids and I loved it as much as they did. I also had a plastic train and lots of miles of track we had running all over the house. I went to the thrift store and got extra track. I've forgotten the brand name but it was a good sturdy brand. I'm glad to get back in the routine of exercise too, tomorrow.
I'm glad you've found so many fun indoor things to do! Hadley and Wy are ADORABLE!!
Post a Comment