
It was exactly one year ago today that Dayven's mom, Karen, passed away. Although the wound isn't as fresh, we still miss her immensely and think about her every day. It seems like so much has happened since then. My heart breaks for Dayven to know that he will never again pick up the phone and call his mom to share exciting news or a proud accomplishment. I know she would be so proud of him, to see the man he has become - a wonderful husband and father. I am sorry that my children will never really know their grandma and she won't be a part of their lives. I know she would delight in Wyatt's little personality and get such a kick out of all the silly things he says and does and and I know she would be in love with the granddaughter she has never met and her sweet little smile. I like to think that she's aware of all that's going on in our lives and she's looking down on us and smiling.
We miss you Karen...




4 comments:
She was a dear friend and brought grace and humor whenever we shared some time together. I, too, believe she is watching each of with with lots of love.
Chelsea, you sure do have a way with words. What a nice tribute to Karen. I too, know that she is proud of all of you and she will remain in many hearts.
Chelsea, what a lovely tribute to Karen. The pictures of her with you all are spectacular. You can see the joy and peace she felt when you were together!
I agree, you have such a way with words. It is hard to believe that a year has passed and so much has happened in that year. I miss her every day and I hope she knows that.Dayven is so lucky to have such a wonderful wife and 2 adorable children that shares his love.
Post a Comment