Hadley: She's doing great. She's tipping the scales at almost 14 pounds. She continues to be happy, smiley and easy. She loves her big brother and is perfectly content just to watch him play. She recently figured out how to roll over, which adds a new element to tummy time. She is sleeping longer now too - 7pm-4:30am the other night. A 9 1/2 hour stretch - her longest yet!
Only one person actually meets the weight and size requirements to sit in the bumbo seat, but no one likes to be left out around here.
Wyatt: He has become quite the nudist these days. We often find him buck naked in bed. He strips his PJs off in the middle of the night and takes his overnight diaper off and flings them across the room and stretches out in all his naked glory. Boys! I wouldn't have a problem with it if he could stay dry all night, but he can't. He usually wakes later once he's wet the bed and he's freezing. We go in to find him huddled up in a shivering ball.
He continues to love school and can't wait to go in the morning. Last week, he gave his teacher a big hug and told her he loved her. She said it made her week. He is learning so much. He's already good with letters, shapes and numbers, but it's the social skills he really needs help with - waiting patiently, delayed gratification, following directions, sharing and my personal favorite, taking turns. I decided if I had to listen to one more song by The Wiggles, I was going to have to open a vein. Now, I just simply tell him we're taking turns and I put my music on in the car. It just happens to always be mommy's turn (which really goes against the very definition of taking turns, but whatever, it's my car). Why didn't I try this sooner!? The other day, Wyatt requested "Throw it in the bag" a hip hop song by Fabolous and I later overheard him singing "boom boom pow" by the Black Eyed Peas. Warms my heart...
Me: I've enrolled in a bootcamp class in an effort to shed the last of this lingering baby weight and get rid of my "mummy tummy" once and for all. I refuse to buy into the "it's just harder to lose the weight after the second kid" school of thought. You can lose the weight if you work hard enough and put the fork down (the part I really struggle with). The bootcamp instructor is a drill sergeant, barking out orders and keeping track of our sets and reps in her little notebook. I'm sore in places I didn't know I had muscles. I'll see you again soon, my skinny jeans.
Dayven: He continues to be busy with work. The mining industry doesn't seem to have been hit as hard in the economic slump. I guess there's always a need for natural resources. He hasn't been traveling quite as much lately and we're really enjoying having him home. Wyatt told me the other day that Daddy is his best friend so he loves having him around to do fun things with.
Finley: Oh, poor Finley. He's a member of the family too so I guess I should mention him. I sometimes remember to pet him and usually remember to feed him. Thank goodness for Dayven, who takes him for walks and even out to the off leash area occasionally with some of his 4-legged buddies and Wyatt, who's always good for a wrestling match. I became so neglectful with brushing him that a trip to the groomers resulted in a polite scolding and a buzz cut worthy of the military. He was almost unrecognizable when we picked him up. Needless to say, he doesn't play quite as long outside without his winter fur coat.
We've been having a really mild fall, considering we're usually buried in snow by this time of year. My bootcamp class even runs outside one day a week, if it's above zero and there's no ice (snow doesn't stop us). People are throwing terms around like "unseasonably warm" in conversation. Hopefully it's an indication of what kind of winter we're in for. Fingers crossed!
That's all for now from our camp...







4 comments:
Glad to hear that the family is doing well. Kids are cute as ever, and I can only imagine how proud you are of Wyatt knowing words to hip hop songs. Amazing! I rarely even know what they are saying.
I too have just discovered that Mummy's music can be played in the car! Tom loves Jet (Aussie band), the Black Eyed Peas and Kelly Rowland. Angus was even getting into John Butler Trio the other day (another Aussie one). It's great. Why oh why didn't I discover this sooner.........:-)
Great to have an update on everyone!! xoxo, Meg
I have a new cardio teacher and I call it a boot camp!! I'm sure it is nothing like yours but for us old folks it is plenty.
Post a Comment