It's harvest time! Friends and neighbors have been dropping off zucchini, spaghetti squash and cabbage. The apple tree continues to rain apples. I made an apple crisp last week and apple muffins are next. I may even attempt apple butter, a personal favorite. They're almost falling faster than I can prepare them. I have to keep an eye on Wyatt since he eats the bruised ones right off the ground - core and all! If I get really motivated, I'm going to make applesauce for Hadley and freeze it. My girlfriend has a pear tree so I'm planning to venture over there next to load up.
Any fears I had of Wyatt accepting Hadley have been put to rest. Yesterday I was changing Hadley on the ottoman and I ran to wash my hands. When I got back, this is what I saw...
Hadley has been doing great. She teased me the other night with a 5 hour stretch of sleep. I excitedly thought we were down to getting up just once in the night, but the next night she was up twice again. One night, Dayven took her down to the basement with him to watch football so I could relax. I woke at 11pm to an empty bed and an empty bassinet. I went downstairs and found this...
Wyatt had a great week at school. I love picking him up and hearing about his day. Today one of the teaching assistants told me Wyatt just "makes her day". She said he is so happy and enthusiastic all the time and such a sweet little boy. She thinks about him on her drive home and it makes her smile. Of course, it made my day to hear this, especially after the teacher had just told me that Wyatt was on timeout twice that day (once for throwing toys and another for refusing to participate in clean up time). Ok, so maybe he has a little too much fun. No one is perfect, right? Good thing he's cute and has some other redeemable qualities!

3 comments:
I even noticed before you mentioned it that Wyatt had already Accepted Hadley. Wyatt's smile will get him a long ways in this world. It is infectious! I hope Hadley has the same great smile too. I can still remember when Billy was home, I'd leave the kids and go grocery shopping. When I came home he'd be asleep on the couch, kids running wild!! I always told him what would he think if he came home from work and caught me asleep on the couch??? Why can dad's get away with it, that is my question. I never got an answer.
I used to love it when Bennett wanted into Preston's crib (even if it was to play with his stuffed animals and kick board). They are adorable Chels!
Go Hadley go! Oh, I love how Wy says hamburgers! I laughed out loud at the microwave beep signaling dinner time! We do what we gotta do, right? :) I'm just impressed you're even considering making applesauce and apple butter. I wish I was your neighbor just in case you made too much :) Thinking of you guys! Meg
Post a Comment